Advanced High Strength Natural Fibre Composites in Construction provides the basic framework and knowledge required for the efficient and sustainable use of natural fiber composites as a structural and building material, along with information on the ongoing efforts to improve the efficiency of use and competitiveness of these composites.
Areas of particular interest include understanding the nature and behavior of raw materials and their functional contributions to the advanced architectures of high strength composites (Part 1), discussing both traditional and novel manufacturing technologies for various advanced natural fiber construction materials (Part 2), examining the parameters and performance of the composites (Part 3), and finally commenting on the associated codes, standards, and sustainable development of advanced high strength natural fiber composites for construction. This exposition will be based on well understood environmental science as it applies to construction (Part 4).
The book is aimed at academics, research scholars, and engineers, and will serve as a most valuable text or reference book that challenges undergraduate and postgraduate students to think beyond standard practices when designing and creating novel construction materials.
- Presents the first comprehensive review on the efficient and sustainable use of natural fiber composites in construction and building materials
- Contains detailed information on the structure, chemical composition, and physical and mechanical properties of natural fibers
- Covers both traditional and novel manufacturing technologies for high strength natural fiber composites
- Includes material parameters and performance in use, as well as associated codes, standards, and applied case studies
- Presents contributions from leading international experts in the field
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||17.7 MB|
|Publisher: ||Woodhead Publishing|
|Date published: || 2016|
|ISBN: ||2370007642298 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|