Now in its second edition, Advanced Pediatric Assessment is an in-depth, current guide to pediatric-focused assessment, addressing the unique anatomic and physiological differences among infants, children, and adults as they bear upon pediatric assessment. The second edition is updated to reflect recent advances in understanding of pediatric assessment for PNPs, FNPs and other practitioners. This includes a new chapter on the Integration of Pediatric Health History and Physical Assessment, a "Notable Clinical Findings" section addressing abnormalities and their clinical significance at the end of each Assessment chapter, updated clinical practice guidelines for common medical conditions, updated screening and health promotion guidelines, and learning objectives and summary in each chapter.
Based on a body system framework that highlights developmental and cultural considerations, the guide emphasizes the physical and psychosocial principles of growth and development, with a focus on health promotion and wellness. Useful features include a detailed chapter on appropriate communication techniques to be used when assessing children of different ages and developmental levels, and chapters on assessment of child abuse and neglect and cultural considerations during assessment. The text presents nearly 300 photos and charts, including a full-color insert depicting a variety of commonly encountered pediatric physical findings, and sample medical record documentation in each chapter.
New to the Second Edition:
- A chapter on the Integration of Pediatric Health History and Physical Assessment
- "Notable Clinical Findings" addressing important abnormalities and their clinical significance in each Assessment chapter
- Updated clinical practice guidelines for common medical conditions
- Updated screening and health promotion guidelines
- Learning objectives and chapter summaries
- Accompanying student case study workbook (to be purchased separately)
- Focuses exclusively on the health history and assessment of infants, children, and adolescents
- Provides the comprehensive and in-depth information needed by APN students and new practitioners to assess children safely and accurately
- Includes family, developmental, nutritional, and child mistreatment assessment
- Addresses cultural competency including specific information about the assessment of immigrant and refugee children
- Fosters confidence in APNs new to primary care with children
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||39.9 MB|
|Publisher: ||Springer Publishing Company|
|Date published: || 2014|
|ISBN: ||9780826161765 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Copying:||of 20 selections every 20 days allowed|
|Printing:||of 20 pages every 20 days allowed|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|