With rapid population explosion, improving rail transit speed and capacity is strongly desirable around the world. Communication-based train control (CBTC) is an automated train control system using high capacity bidirectional train-ground communications to ensure the safe operation of rail vehicles. This book presents the latest advances in CBTC research. The contributed chapters from leading experts in the field cover different aspects of modelling, analysis, design, testing, management, deployment, and optimization of CBTC systems.
Advances in Communications-Based Train Control Systems begins with the background and evolution of train signaling/train control systems. It introduces the main features and architecture of CBTC systems and describes current challenges and successful implementations around the world. Subsequent contributed chapters discuss such key research areas as
- Nondestructive testing techniques that can be employed to inspect rails and fastening parts
- New wireless channel modelling techniques for underground tunnels and viaducts
- Advanced wireless communication systems to improve CBTC communication availability
- Schemes to integrate train control and train-ground communications by modelling the control system of a group of trains in CBTC as a networked control system
- Use of cognitive control to improve train control performance, considering both train-ground communication and train control
The book includes many supporting illustrations and tables along with a valuable set of references at the end of each chapter. With this book, researchers and practitioners will be well-equipped to advance the research and development in this important field.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||7.6 MB|
|Publisher: ||CRC Press|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9781482257458 (DRM-PDF)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|