With recent advances in mobile communication technologies, more and more people are accessing cloud computing systems using mobile devices, such as smartphones and tablets. Unlike traditional mobile computing systems with limited capabilities, mobile cloud computing uses the powerful computing and storage resources available in the cloud to provide cutting-edge multimedia and information services. This book discusses the major research advances in mobile cloud computing systems. Contributed chapters from leading experts in this field cover different aspects of modeling, analysis, design, optimization, and architecture of mobile cloud computing systems.
Advances in Mobile Cloud Computing Systems begins by discussing the background, features, and available service models of mobile cloud computing. It goes on to describe a mobile cloud computing system with several third party cloud mobile media (CMM) services that offers its services to a telecom operator. In this scenario, the telecom operator acts as broker that can mix and interchange the resources offered by the different CMM service providers. Subsequent contributed chapters discuss such key research areas as
- Energy-efficient task execution that reduces the energy consumption in both mobile devices and the cloud
- Design and architecture of a Proximity Cloud that delivers low-latency, bandwidth-efficient end-user services with a global footprint
- Virtual mobile networks in clouds that enable resource sharing between multiple mobile network operators
- Software piracy control framework in mobile cloud computing systems designed to prevent mobile application piracy
- Dynamic configuration of cloud radio access networks (C-RANs) to improve end-to-end TCP throughput performance in next generation wireless networks
The book includes many supporting illustrations and tables along with a valuable set of references at the end of each chapter. With this book, researchers and practitioners will be well-equipped to advance the research and development in this emerging field.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||13.1 MB|
|Publisher: ||CRC Press|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9781498715140 (DRM-PDF)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|