Advances in Motivation Science, Elsevier's new serial, focuses on the ways motivation has traditionally been one of the mainstays of the science of psychology, not only playing a major role in the early dynamic and Gestalt models of the mind, but also playing an integral and fundamental part of the behaviorist theories of learning and action.
The cognitive revolution in the 1960 and 70's eclipsed the emphasis on motivation to a large extent, but it has returned in full force prompting this new serial on a "hot topic?" of the contemporary scene that is, once again, firmly entrenched as a foundational issue in scientific psychology.
This volume brings together internationally recognized experts who focus on cutting-edge theoretical and empirical contributions relating to this important area of psychology.
- Focuses on the ways motivation has traditionally been one of the mainstays of the science of psychology
- Inclusive text for a variety of interests, including motivation, psychology, self-regulation, strivings, needs, and motives
- Presents a "hot topic?" that is, once again, firmly entrenched as a foundational issue in scientific psychology
- Provides an overview of important research programs conducted by the most respected scholars in psychology
- Includes special attention on directions for future researchTo view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||4.1 MB|
|Publisher: ||Academic Press|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9780128024690 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|