Customer rank: +1Al Koran's Headline Countdown is a classic effect in mentalism - A spectator holds an envelope containing a prediction. They choose a number between one and sixteen. The mentalist tears a sheet of newspaper into sixteen pieces. The pieces are counted down to the number the spectator thought of. The spectator reads the headline on the piece of paper that was counted to. The prediction in the sealed envelope matches the headline the spectator chose!
This has always been a spectacular effect, but some mentalists have stayed away from it because it involved some calculations in order to position the torn pieces in the right order. Steve Pellegrino was one of those mentalists and has developed a system that stays true to Koran's original method, but eliminates the calculations.
- This flexible system gives you several ways to handle the positioning of the pieces.
- There are no calculations as in the original method.
- There aren't duplicate papers.
- There are no switches.
- There is one handling in which you don't need to know the spectators number before you begin tearing!
- Finally - The spectator can change their mind and give you another number.
1st edition 2014, 14 pages.
word count: 2431 which is equivalent to 9 standard pages of text