This family-friendly Phillipines children's book is packed with fun facts about Filipino culture, history, and daily life!
All About the Philippines takes you on an incredible journey across the colorful island nation of the Philippines with Mary, Jaime and Arithree Filipino cousins who look totally different and yet are the best of friends. You'll visit their homes, their schools, their families, their favorite places, and much more. They'll show you how kids in different parts of the Philippines come from many different ethnic groups and have very different cultureseach with its own traditions, languages and beliefs
and yet, they are all 100% Filipino!
This children's book, aimed at kids ages 8 to 12, brings them on an exciting trip though some of the most fascinating islands on earth.
- Join Mary, Jaime and Ari to see the how earthquakes, typhoons and other natural events can be scary and yet also make the islands beautiful and full of life.
- Check out Filipino games, and make your own sipathe Philippines's version of a hacky-sack.
- Experience the festivals and foods of various different cultures found in the Philippines, and try a few easy recipes.
- Make a parola Filipino holiday decoration that you can enjoy all year long.
- Learn about the conquistadors and traders who came to these islands many centuries ago.
- Learn how peoples who speak very different languages can communicate easily when they meet.
- And a lot more!
Along with fun facts, you'll learn about the spirit of the Philippines that make this country and its people totally unique. This is a book for families or classrooms to enjoy together.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||17.5 MB|
|Publisher: ||Tuttle Publishing|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9781462917259 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|