The new edition of the ADA's flagship food and nutrition guide—updated based on the very latest Dietary Guidelines for Americans
With over 200,000 copies sold in all editions, this award-winning resource from the world's leading authority on food and nutrition is packed with the latest healthy eating advice for those at every age and stage of life. In this completely revised and updated new edition, you'll find up-to-date, evidence-based, practical answers for your many food and nutrition questions.
This cornerstone guide from the American Dietetic Association, written by nationally recognized food and nutrition expert and registered dietitian Roberta Duyff, covers the basics on nutrition, managing weight, and healthy eating. It also provides easy steps and how-tos for selecting, preparing, and storing foods safely to get the most nutrition and flavor for your dollar, and more. Comprehensive, accessible, and easy-to-use, this valuable reference shows how to make healthy food choices to fit any lifestyle.
- How to put the the very latest Dietary Guidelines for Americans on food choices and physical activity into action
- Latest guidance to prevent and manage today's health concerns, such as heart disease, diabetes, cancer, food allergies, gluten intolerance, lactose intolerance, and many others
- Simple, practical tips and flexible food and nutrition skills that suit your needs and lifestyle with ways to apply advice from USDA's MyPlate
- Advice for healthy nutrition, eating, and cooking across the lifespan
- Covers vegetarian eating, healthy restaurant options, culinary nutrition and skills, healthy weight, nutrition supplements, and more
- Interactive self-checks and websites to help you assess your own food choices and take steps to healthy eating
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||47.8 MB|
|Publisher: ||Houghton Mifflin Harcourt|
|Date published: || 2012|
|ISBN: ||9780544664562 (DRM-PDF)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|
|This ebook will NOT be sold to customers with a billing address in:|
|Alan Island, Guernsey, Isle of Man, Jersey, Palestinian Territory (Occupied), Timor-Leste|