Features of this Innovative Text
The 8th edition of this well-respected text features the 2014 midterm Congressional elections, the latest on Obama's presidency, important Supreme Court decisions, the implementation of the Affordable Care Act, and other timely updates. An increased attention to media in politics runs through the book.
- Key learning objectives at the beginning of every chapter focus students on central points to watch for.
- "The Constitution Today" chapter opening vignettes illustrate the importance of conflicting views on constitutional principles.
- Key terms defined in the margins on the page where they appear help students study important concepts.
- Colorful figures, photos, and tables help students visualize important information.
- "Let's Compare" boxes analyze how functions of government and political participation work in other countries-now framed by new critical thinking questions.
- Reformatted "Pro & Con" boxes bring to life a central debate in each chapter and highlight competing perspectives.
- End-of-chapter summaries, suggested readings, and web resources help students master the material and guide them to further critical investigation of important concepts and topics.
- "Struggling towards Democracy" discussion questions now do more to provoke critical thinking through examining the "then and now" of democracy in America.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||52.5 MB|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9781317666783 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|