American Law and Legal Systems examines the philosophy of law within a political, social, and economic framework with great clarity and insight. Readers are introduced to operative legal concepts, everyday law practices, substantive procedures, and the intricacies of the American legal system. Eliminating confusing legalese, the authors skillfully explain the basics, from how a lawsuit is filed through the final appeal. This new edition provides essential updates to forensic and scientific evidence, contract law, and family law, and includes new text boxes and tables to help students understand, remember, and apply central concepts.
New to the 8th Edition
- Updates the coverage of environmental law, especially in relation to climate change.
- Updates the coverage of family law, especially in relation to gay marriage.
- Includes new coverage of challenges to the Voting Rights Act, campaign finance, and cybersecurity.
- Covers the effects of social media on judicial proceedings.
- Includes 16 new cases, including Obergefell v. Hodges.
- Adds new text boxes on intriguing subjects throughout.
- Accompanied by an author-written Instructor's Manual that includes Learning Objectives, Chapter Summaries, Chapter Outlines, Key Terms and Concepts, as well as Test Questions for each chapter.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||3.7 MB|
|Date published: || 2016|
|ISBN: ||9781317225515 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|