This introductory textbook provides students with a fundamental understanding of the social, political, and economic institutions of six South Asian countries: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, India, Nepal, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka. It adopts a broad theoretical framework and evaluates the opportunities and constraints facing South Asia's states within the context of democracy.
Key features include:
- An introduction to the region.
- The history and political development of these South Asian states, including evaluations of their democratic trajectories.
- The management of conflict, economic development, and extremist threats.
- A comparative analysis of the states.
- Projections concerning democracy taking into consideration the opportunities and constraints facing these countries.
This textbook will be an indispensable teaching tool for courses on South Asia. It includes pedagogical features such as political chronologies, political party descriptions, text boxes, a glossary, and suggestions for further reading. Written in an accessible style and by experts on South Asian politics, it offers students of South Asian politics a valuable introduction to an exceedingly diverse region.
|Size: ||1.0 MB|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9781317369738 (PDF)|
|This ebook will NOT be sold to customers with a billing address in:|