"The main objective of the New Education Experiment is to restore the richness and completeness of human nature...and allow teachers and students to live happy and complete lives." -Zhu Yongxin
Filled with powerful insights and inspiring true stories, this book is the culmination of Zhu Yongxin's lifetime of experience as a student, teacher, lecturer, and pioneering leader of education experiment. These essays provide a window to the daily lives of the dedicated men and women who are turning the dream of a new education in China into a thrilling and beautiful reality. In these pages, you'll learn about:
* Yongxin's fascinating personal journey through China's education system
* The transformative leaders, teachers, mentors and role models who are motivating China's youth--and building China's future
* China's ongoing commitment to new education reform-and the incredible potential it has to enrich people's lives, open new doors, and uplift a nation's spirit
One of the most influential leaders of education experiment in China, Professor Zhu Yongxin has spent his life and career exploring the limitless possibilities of learning. From his early school days discovering the joys of literature through his continuing journey into higher education, he has been challenged by great thinkers, inspired by great teachers, and committed to a great nation's vision of a new education that would uplift the lives of all of its people.
In this illuminating collection of essays,Yongxin shares his most personal thoughts, reminiscences, and insights on the new education of China. These richly diverse, deeply felt writings shed light on a wide range of educational issues, including:
* The pivotal role of education in our professional lives and personal happiness
* The challenge of implementing new reforms in our schools and our homes
* The importance of having good teachers, supportive families, and inspiring role models
* The ways we define success, featuring 31 secrets of successful people
* The transformative power of reading, writing, dreaming, and doing
* The educational opportunities in sports, literature, arts, and other cultural pursuits
* The social, political, and economic goals of the new education-and why it's so crucial to China's future
The book also includes Yongxin's reflections on his own educational journey--from absorbing the wisdom of the ancient masters to facing the challenges of new educational reforms. Along the way, he shares his honest opinions on hot-button subjects like social networking, educational psychology, school financing, and other issues. Most importantly, his inspiring words and enthusiasm teach us how to use this new education to open minds, raise spirits, and expand opportunities--for China, for its people, and for the pure joy of learning. "Life is education, and education life," he writes. "Life cannot be separated from education."
Zhu Yongxin is a member of the National People's Congress (NPC) Standing Committee, vice chairman of the China Association for Promoting Democracy (CAPD), and vice president of Chinese Society of Education (CSE). He also serves as a professor and PhD supervisor at Soochow University.
A sponsor of the New Education Experiment in China, Professor Zhu has won several awards for his influential work, including "60 great contributors in China's Education of 60 years" (2009), "30th Anniversary of Reform and Opening Up: Person of the Year in China's Education Area" (2008), "Top 10 News Figures in China's Reform" (2007), and "Top 10 Elites in China's Education" (2006).
Professor Zhu has published more than 400 articles on education both at home and abroad, and published over 30 books as well.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||5.5 MB|
|Publisher: ||McGraw-Hill Education|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||2370007165544 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|