Analysis of Variance, Design, and Regression: Linear Modeling for Unbalanced Data, Second Edition presents linear structures for modeling data with an emphasis on how to incorporate specific ideas (hypotheses) about the structure of the data into a linear model for the data. The book carefully analyzes small data sets by using tools that are easily scaled to big data. The tools also apply to small relevant data sets that are extracted from big data.
New to the Second Edition
- Reorganized to focus on unbalanced data
- Reworked balanced analyses using methods for unbalanced data
- Introductions to nonparametric and lasso regression
- Introductions to general additive and generalized additive models
- Examination of homologous factors
- Unbalanced split plot analyses
- Extensions to generalized linear models
- R, Minitab?, and SAS code on the author's website
The text can be used in a variety of courses, including a yearlong graduate course on regression and ANOVA or a data analysis course for upper-division statistics students and graduate students from other fields. It places a strong emphasis on interpreting the range of computer output encountered when dealing with unbalanced data. To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||7.4 MB|
|Publisher: ||Chapman and Hall/CRC|
|Date published: || 2016|
|ISBN: ||9781498774055 (DRM-PDF)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|