Analytical Techniques in Electromagnetics is designed for researchers, scientists, and engineers seeking analytical solutions to electromagnetic (EM) problems. The techniques presented provide exact solutions that can be used to validate the accuracy of approximate solutions, offer better insight into actual physical processes, and can be utilized in finding precise quantities of interest over a wide range of parameter values.
Beginning with a review of basic EMs, the text:
- Describes the use of the separation of variables technique in Laplace, heat, and wave equations, covering rectangular, cylindrical, and spherical coordinate systems
- Explains the series expansion method, providing the solution of Poisson's equation in a cube and in a cylinder, and scattering by cylinders and spheres, as examples
- Addresses the conformal transformation technique, offering a visual display of conformal mapping and a brief introduction to the Schwarz-Christoffel transformation
- Employs worked-out problems to demonstrate various applications of Fourier sine and cosine, two-sided Fourier, Laplace, Hankel, and Mellin transform techniques
- Discusses perturbation techniques, supplying examples of perturbed results degenerating to their unperturbed versions as the perturbation parameters tend to zero
Analytical Techniques in Electromagnetics maintains a balanced view of techniques for solving EM problems, refusing to overemphasize the importance of analytical methods at the expense of numerical techniques. Carefully selected topics give readers an appreciation of the kinds of EM problems that can be solved exactly.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||16.3 MB|
|Publisher: ||CRC Press|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9781498709026 (DRM-PDF)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|