Ancient Underground Opening and Preservation contains 59 papers presented at the International Symposium on Scientific Problems and Long-term Preservation of Largescale Ancient Underground Engineering (Longyou, China, 23-26 October 2015). The contributions focus on scientific and technical issues related to long-term preservation of large-scale ancient underground engineering around the world. The following topics are included in this volume:
1. Scientific issues facing the Longyou Grottoes
2. Weathering prevention and long-term protection strategies for the Longyou Grottoes and other large-scale underground historic sitee
3. Analysis of geological conditions and mechanisms of deformation and damage in surrounding rock in large-scale underground historic sites
4. Analysis of stability and strengthening treatments for large-scale underground historic sites
5. Safety monitoring methods and techniques for large-scale underground historic sites
6. Knowledge learned from large-scale underground historic sites that can be applied to modern underground developments.
Ancient Underground Opening and Preservation covers comprehensive papers on the research and technical progress for long-term preservation of ancient underground engineering and historic sites, and will be of interest to scientists,
engineers, business managers and government officers involved in the preservation of ancient underground openings.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||396.2 MB|
|Publisher: ||CRC Press|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9781315647104 (DRM-PDF)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|