“A must read for all developers that want to begin serious Android development.”
??"Justin Anderson, Freelance Android Developer
“From start to finish, this book contains a variety of great tips and insight into the most important attributes of Android design. This book will definitely be required reading for any of our future Android engineers.”
??"Cameron Banga, Cofounder, 9magnets, LLC
There??s a downside to Android??s amazing openness and versatility: it??s easy for developers to write code that??s inefficient, unreliable, insecure, or hard to maintain. In Android Development Patterns , enterprise Android developer Phil Dutson helps you leverage Android 5.0+??s amazing power without falling victim to those pitfalls. Dutson presents today??s most comprehensive set of patterns and procedures for building optimized, robust apps with Android 5.0+.
First, Dutson guides you through establishing a highly efficient development environment and workflow, and testing your app to ensure that your code works just as you expect. Then, he walks through the modern best practices for structuring apps, using widgets and components, and working with views.
You learn how to build apps that are easy to manage and update, deliver accurate and up-to-date information without wasting precious battery power, and take advantage of new hardware, such as Android Wear and Android TV. Dutson concludes by presenting powerful strategies for optimizing your apps and packaging them for distribution.
- Using testing to build more trustworthy, dependable, maintainable apps
- Understanding subtle but critical differences between Android and traditional Java programming
- Building consistent, modern user interfaces with views and layouts
- Leveraging the proven MVC pattern to cleanly organize logic
- Creating rich visual experiences with 3D graphics, animation, and media
- Simplifying capture and use of location data with the new Locations API
- Integrating optional hardware, such as Bluetooth, NFC, or USB
- Building better apps with Google Play Services
- Creating Android Wear notifications and apps
- Tuning and improving apps with Google Analytics
- Designing Android TV apps for the “ten foot view”
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||14.3 MB|
|Publisher: ||Addison-Wesley Professional|
|Date published: || 2016|
|ISBN: ||9780133924046 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Copying:||of 30 selections every 30 days allowed|
|Printing:||of 30 pages every 30 days allowed|
|Read Aloud: ||allowed|
|This ebook will NOT be sold to customers with a billing address in:|
|Afghanistan, Algeria, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegowina, Congo, Congo (The Democratic Republic of the), Cote D'Ivoire, Cuba, Indonesia, Iran (Islamic Republic of), Iraq, Korea (Democratic People's Republic of), Liberia, Libyan Arab Jamahiriya, Macedonia (The Former Yugoslav Republic of), Myanmar, Nigeria, Sudan, Syrian Arab Republic, Zimbabwe|