About This Book
- Kick-start your Android programming career, or just have fun publishing apps to the Google Play marketplace
- A first-principles introduction to Java, via Android, which means you'll be able to start building your own applications from scratch
- Learn by example and build three real-world apps and over 40 mini apps throughout the book
Who This Book Is For
Are you trying to start a career in programming, but haven't found the right way in? Do you have a great idea for an app, but don't know how to make it a reality? Or maybe you are just frustrated that "to learn Android, you must know Java." If so, this book is for you. You don't need any programming experience to follow along with this book, just a computer and a sense of adventure.
What You Will Learn
- Master the fundamentals of coding Java for Android
- Install and set up your Android development environment
- Build functional user interfaces with the Android Studio visual designer
- Add user interaction, data captures, sound, and animation to your apps
- Manage your app's data using the built-in Android SQLite database
- Find out about the design patterns used by professionals to make top-grade applications
- Build, deploy, and publish real Android applications to the Google Play marketplace
This book is your companion to create Android applications from scratch, whether you are looking to start your programming career, make an application for work, be reintroduced to mobile development, or are just looking to program for fun.
We will introduce you to all the fundamental concepts of programming in an Android context, from the basics of Java to working with the Android API. After this crashcourse, we will dive deeper into Android programming and you will learn how to create applications with a professional-standard UI through fragments, make location-aware apps with Google Maps integration, and store your user's data with SQLite. In addition, you will see how to make your apps multilingual, capture images from a device's camera, and work with graphics, sound, and animations too.
By the end of this book, you will be ready to start building your own custom applications in Android and Java.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||10.3 MB|
|Publisher: ||Packt Publishing|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||2370007248162 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|