Android Wireless Application Development has earned a reputation as the most useful real-world guide to building robust, commercial-grade Android apps. To accommodate their extensive new coverage, the authors have split the book into two leaner, cleaner volumes. This Volume II focuses on advanced techniques for the entire app development cycle, covers hot topics ranging from tablet development to protecting against piracy, and demonstrates advanced techniques for everything from data integration and UI development to in-app billing.
Every chapter has been thoroughly updated to reflect the latest SDKs, tools, and devices. The sample code has been completely overhauled and is available on the CD. Drawing on decades of in-the-trenches experience as professional mobile developers, the authors also provide even more tips and best practices for highly efficient development. This new edition covers
- Advanced app design with async processing, services, SQLite databases, content providers, intents, and notifications
- Sophisticated UI development, including input gathering via gestures and voice recognition
- Developing accessible and internationalized mobile apps
- Maximizing integrated search, cloud-based services, and other exclusive Android features
- Leveraging Android 4.0 APIs for networking, web, location services, the camera, telephony, and hardware sensors
- Building richer apps with 2D/3D graphics (OpenGL ES and RenderScript), animation, and the Android NDK
- Tracking app usage patterns with Google Analytics
- Streamlining testing with the Android Debug Bridge
This book is an indispensable resource for every intermediate- to advanced-level Java developer now participating in Android development and for every seasoned mobile developer who wants to take full advantage of the newest Android platform and hardware.
This book includes a fully functional application and two exclusive appendices: a rundown of the Java syntax commonly used in Android and a walkthrough of the application.
About the CD-ROM: The accompanying CD-ROM contains all the sample code that is presented in the book, organized by chapter.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||50.5 MB|
|Publisher: ||Addison-Wesley Professional|
|Date published: || 2013|
|ISBN: ||9780133478396 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Copying:||of 30 selections every 30 days allowed|
|Printing:||of 30 pages every 30 days allowed|
|Read Aloud: ||allowed|
|This ebook will NOT be sold to customers with a billing address in:|
|Afghanistan, Algeria, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegowina, Congo, Congo (The Democratic Republic of the), Cote D'Ivoire, Cuba, Indonesia, Iran (Islamic Republic of), Iraq, Korea (Democratic People's Republic of), Liberia, Libyan Arab Jamahiriya, Macedonia (The Former Yugoslav Republic of), Myanmar, Nigeria, Sudan, Syrian Arab Republic, Zimbabwe|