Animal Behavior, Second Edition, covers the broad sweep of animal behavior from its neurological underpinnings to the importance of behavior in conservation. The authors, Michael Breed and Janice Moore, bring almost 60 years of combined experience as university professors to this textbook, much of that teaching animal behavior.
An entire chapter is devoted to the vibrant new field of behavior and conservation, including topics such as social behavior and the relationship between parasites, pathogens, and behavior. Thoughtful coverage has also been given to foraging behavior, mating and parenting behavior, anti-predator behavior, and learning.
This text addresses the physiological foundations of behavior in a way that is both accessible and inviting, with each chapter beginning with learning objectives and ending with thought-provoking questions.
Additionally, special terms and definitions are highlighted throughout. Animal Behavior provides a rich resource for students (and professors) from a wide range of life science disciplines.
- Provides a rich resource for students and professors from a wide range of life science disciplines
- Updated and revised chapters, with at least 50% new case studies and the addition of contemporary in-text examples
- Expanded and updated coverage of animal welfare topics
- Includes behavior and homeostatic mechanisms, behavior and conservation, and behavioral aspects of disease
- Available lab manual with fully developed and tested laboratory exercises
- Companion website includes newly developed slide sets/templates (PowerPoints) coordinated with the book
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||76.6 MB|
|Publisher: ||Academic Press|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||2370006658474 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|