About This Book
- Use Mahout for clustering datasets and gain useful insights
- Explore the different clustering algorithms used in day-to-day work
- A practical guide to create and evaluate your own clustering models using real world data sets
Who This Book Is For
This book is for developers who want to try out clustering on large datasets using Mahout. It will also be useful for those users who don't have a background in Mahout, but have knowledge of basic programming and are familiar with the basics of machine learning and clustering. It will be helpful if you know about clustering techniques for some other tool.
What You Will Learn
- Explore clustering algorithms and cluster evaluation techniques
- Learn different types of clustering and distance measuring techniques
- Perform clustering on your data using K-means clustering
- Discover how Canopy clustering is used as a preprocess step for K-means
- Use the Fuzzy K-means algorithm in Apache Mahout
- Implement Streaming K-means clustering in Mahout
- Learn the Spectral K-means clustering implementation of Mahout
As more and more organizations are discovering the use of big data analytics, interest in platforms that provide storage, computational, and analytical capabilities has increased. Apache Mahout caters to this need and paves the way for the implementation of complex algorithms in the field of machine learning, in order to better analyze your data and gain useful insight into it.
Starting with the introduction of clustering algorithms, this book provides an insight into Apache Mahout and different algorithms it uses for clustering data. It provides a general introduction to algorithms such as K-means, Fuzzy K-means, Streaming K-means, and how to use Mahout to cluster your data using a particular algorithm. You will study the different types of clustering and learn how to use Apache Mahout with real-world datasets to implement and evaluate your clusters.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||4.0 MB|
|Publisher: ||Packt Publishing|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||2370007150168 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|