Unleash the power of Apache Oozie to create and manage your big data and machine learning pipelines in one go
About This Book
- Teaches you everything you need to know to get started with Apache Oozie from scratch and manage your data pipelines effortlessly
- Learn to write data ingestion workflows with the help of real-life examples from the author's own personal experience
- Embed Spark jobs to run your machine learning models on top of Hadoop
Who This Book Is For
If you are an expert Hadoop user who wants to use Apache Oozie to handle workflows efficiently, this book is for you. This book will be handy to anyone who is familiar with the basics of Hadoop and wants to automate data and machine learning pipelines.
What You Will Learn
- Install and configure Oozie from source code on your Hadoop cluster
- Dive into the world of Oozie with Java MapReduce jobs
- Schedule Hive ETL and data ingestion jobs
- Import data from a database through Sqoop jobs in HDFS
- Create and process data pipelines with Pig, hive scripts as per business requirements.
- Run machine learning Spark jobs on Hadoop
- Create quick Oozie jobs using Hue
- Make the most of Oozie's security capabilities by configuring Oozie's security
As more and more organizations are discovering the use of big data analytics, interest in platforms that provide storage, computation, and analytic capabilities is booming exponentially. This calls for data management. Hadoop caters to this need. Oozie fulfils this necessity for a scheduler for a Hadoop job by acting as a cron to better analyze data.
Apache Oozie Essentials starts off with the basics right from installing and configuring Oozie from source code on your Hadoop cluster to managing your complex clusters. You will learn how to create data ingestion and machine learning workflows.
This book is sprinkled with the examples and exercises to help you take your big data learning to the next level. You will discover how to write workflows to run your MapReduce, Pig ,Hive, and Sqoop scripts and schedule them to run at a specific time or for a specific business requirement using a coordinator. This book has engaging real-life exercises and examples to get you in the thick of things. Lastly, you'll get a grip of how to embed Spark jobs, which can be used to run your machine learning models on Hadoop.
By the end of the book, you will have a good knowledge of Apache Oozie. You will be capable of using Oozie to handle large Hadoop workflows and even improve the availability of your Hadoop environment.
Style and approach
This book is a hands-on guide that explains Oozie using real-world examples. Each chapter is blended beautifully with fundamental concepts sprinkled in-between case study solution algorithms and topped off with self-learning exercises.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||7.0 MB|
|Publisher: ||Packt Publishing|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9781785888465 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|