About This Book
- Develop a series of applications with Swift using the development kits and new/updated APIs
- Use the new features of iOS 8 to add new flavor to your applications
- A hands-on guide with detailed code snippets to aid you in developing powerful Swift applications
Who This Book Is For
If you are an iOS developer with experience in Objective-C, and wish to develop applications with Swift, then this book is ideal for you. Familiarity with the fundamentals of Swift is an added advantage but not a necessity.
What You Will Learn
- Use Playgrounds in Xcode to make the writing of Swift code productive and easy
- Get acquainted with the advanced features of Swift and make complete use of them in your code
- Add a new method for authentication to your app using Touch ID
- Develop health-related apps using HealthKit
- Take your apps to the next level of performance and capability using Metal
- Develop applications for wearables using WatchKit
- Use notification center to easily access all your notifications
- Make your users' devices more stylish by using Apple's built-in QuickType keyboard, instead of the native one
Apple offers a new creative, easy, and innovative programming language for application development, called Swift. Swift makes iOS application development a breeze by offering speed, security, and power to your application development process. Swift is easy to learn and has awesome features such as being open source, debugging, and so on. Swift has simplified its memory management with Automatic Reference Counting (ARC) and it is compatible with Objective-C.
This book provides you with the information and skills you need to use the new programming language, Swift. The book starts with an introduction to Swift and code structure. Following this, you will use Playgrounds to become familiar with the language in no time. Then the book takes you through the advanced features offered by Swift and how to use them with your old Objective-C code or projects. You will then learn to use Swift in real projects by covering APIs such as HealthKit, Metal, WatchKit, and Touch ID in each chapter. The book's easy to follow structure ensures you get the best start to developing applications with Swift.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||3.5 MB|
|Publisher: ||Packt Publishing|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||2370006799450 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|