Applied Molecular Biotechnology: The Next Generation of Genetic Engineering explains state-of-the-art advances in the rapidly developing area of molecular biotechnology, the technology of the new millennium. Comprised of chapters authored by leading experts in their respective fields, this authoritative reference text:
- Highlights the latest omics-based tools and approaches used in modern biotechnology
- Explains how various molecular biology technologies can be used to develop transgenic plants and how those plants can meet growing food and plant-derived product demands
- Discusses chloroplast gene expression systems, mitochondrial omics, plant functional genomics, and whole-genome resequencing for crop improvement
- Explores plant-microbe and plant-insect interactions affecting plant protection and productivity
- Covers animal models, pharmacogenomics, human tissue banking, and the molecular diagnosis of diseases such as cervical cancer, obesity, and diabetes
- Examines the molecular aspects of viral diseases, production of industrial commodities using viral biotechnology, and biotechnological uses of magnetic nanoparticles
- Describes the use of biotechnology in the food, chemical, pharmaceutical, environmental conservation, and renewable energy sectors
Applied Molecular Biotechnology: The Next Generation of Genetic Engineering serves as a springboard for new discoveries in molecular biology and its applications. Thus, this book is an invaluable resource for students and researchers of molecular biotechnology.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||11.9 MB|
|Publisher: ||CRC Press|
|Date published: || 2016|
|ISBN: ||9781498714839 (DRM-PDF)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|