About This Book
- Design, build and run ArcGIS applications using ArcObjects SDK
- Extend ArcGIS objects and use add -ins to deploy applications on top of ArcGIS
- An example-centric practical guide to help you understand mapping scenarios with ArcGIS
Who This Book Is For
If you are an application developer who wishes to enhance your skills for the GIS domain with ArcGIS, then this book is for you. Previous experience with ArcGIS is not required.
What You Will Learn
- Use essential ArcGIS code to query geodatabases
- Communicate with ArcGIS maps, with the help of critical designing and optimization tips
- Highlight and interact with objects on your map
- Query ArcGIS geodatabases with related data to display your information on ArcGIS
- Edit your underlying geodatabase
- Explore strategies for the adaptation of various types of spatial analysis techniques in the GIS framework
- Analyze tools for geographical information systems and remote sensing
- Experience ArcGIS's advanced tools for manipulation of geodatabases
ArcGIS is a geographic information system (GIS) for working with maps and geographic information. It is considered as the turnkey solution to create and share interactive maps. ArcGIS is designed to work the way you work. With nothing to install and set up, ArcGIS helps you make your work productive from day one.
This book covers the design and development of three ArcGIS applications to guide readers in crafting their own GIS solution as per their requirements. The book begins by giving you a refresher on the concepts of ArcGIS. You'll then begin developing your first ArcGIS application and a cell tower analysis tool. Following this, you will be guided through mapping signal strength and real-time maneuvering in your GIS system. You will then move on to the second application of the book: a restaurant mapping system. You will then make use of Advanced ArcObjects to develop your third application: an excavation planning manager. The book will conclude by teaching you how to work out excavation cost calculations and also save and retrieve your excavation designs.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||4.4 MB|
|Publisher: ||Packt Publishing|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||2370006799689 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|