About This BookExplore the different sensors that can be used to improve the functionality of the Arduino projectsProgram networking modules in conjunction with Arduino to make smarter and more communicable devicesA practical guide that shows you how to utilize Arduino to create practical, useful projects
Who This Book Is For
This book is an ideal choice for hobbyists or professionals who want to create quick and easy projects with Arduino. As a prerequisite, readers must have a working Arduino system and some programming background, ideally in C/C++. Basic knowledge of Arduino is helpful but not required to follow along with this book.
What You Will Learn
- Understand and utilize the capabilities of the Arduino platform
- Integrate sensors to gather environmental data and display this information in meaningful ways
- Add modules, such as Bluetooth and Wi-Fi, that allow the Arduino to communicate with and send data between devices
- Create simple servers to allow communication to occur
- Build automated projects, including robots, while learning complex algorithms to mimic biological locomotion
- Implement error handling to make programs easier to debug and look more professional
- Integrate powerful programming tools and software, such as Python and Processing, to broaden the scope of what Arduino can achieve
- Practice and learn basic programming etiquette
Arduino is an open source physical computing platform based on a simple microcontroller board and a development environment for writing software for the board. With growing interest in home-made, weekend projects among students and hobbyists alike, Arduino offers an innovative and feasible platform to create projects that promote creativity and technological tinkering.
Arduino by Example demonstrates three projects, ranging from a home automation project involving your lighting system to a simple robotic project, to a touch sensor project. You will first learn the basic concepts, and as you start building the projects, you will develop the practical skills needed to successfully build Arduino-powered projects that have real-life applications.
By the end of this book, you will be able to create basic projects and utilize the elements used in the examples to construct your own devices.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||10.0 MB|
|Publisher: ||Packt Publishing|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||2370006809661 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|