About This Book
- Develop an interactive program using sensors and actuators suitable with wearables
- Understand wearable programming with the help of hands-on projects
- Explore different wearable design processes in the Arduino platform and customize them to fit your individual needs
Who This Book Is For
This book is intended for readers who are familiar with the Arduino platform and want to learn more about creating wearable projects. No previous experience in wearables is expected, although a basic knowledge of Arduino will help.
What You Will Learn
- Develop a basic understanding of wearable computing
- Learn about Arduino and its compatible prototyping platforms suitable for creating wearables
- Understand the design process surrounding the creation of wearable objects
- Gain insight into the materials suitable for developing wearable projects
- Design and create projects including interactive bike gloves, a GPS locator watch, and more by using various kinds of electronic components
- Discover programming for interactivity
- Learn how to connect and interface wearables with Bluetooth and Wi-Fi
- Get your hands dirty with your own personalized designs
This book provides you with the skills and understanding to create your own wearable projects. You will look at prototyping boards that are compatible with Arduino and are suitable for creating wearables.
You begin your journey by understanding electronic components, including LEDs and sensors, to get yourself up to scratch and comfortable with different components. You will then gain hands-on experience by creating your very first wearable project, a pair of interactive bike gloves that help you cycle at night. This is followed by a project in which you make your own funky LED glasses and a cool GPS watch. You'll also delve into other projects including creating your own keyless door lock, wearable NFC tags, a fitness-tracking device, and a Wi-Fi-enabled spark board. The final project is a compilation of the previous concepts used where you make your own smart watch with fitness tracking, Internet-based notifications, GPS, and, of course, the ability to tell the time.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||6.2 MB|
|Publisher: ||Packt Publishing|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||2370006803577 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|