This comprehensive atlas presents the clinical practice of neonatal EEG through text, references, and detailed figures demonstrating normal and abnormal features of the neonatal EEG from the most premature infant to one month post-term. Each chapter contains dozens of full-page EEG images, along with detailed legends that place them in context, to emphasize specific components of the neonatal EEG as a benchmark for recognizing signature characteristics and interpreting clinical data. For the new Fourth Edition, Eli Mizrahi and Richard Hrachovy, established authorities in neonatal neurophysiology, have distilled the advances of the last ten years and provided the latest and best references for each chapter, updating their indispensable atlas to reflect current research and practice throughout.
Atlas of Neonatal Electroencephalographyis a singular atlas, unrivaled in the breadth of its coverage and level of detail in presenting examples of normal and abnormal recordings of neonatal EEG patterns at varying young ages. This edition includes many new digital figures which emphasize findings in the premature infant, artifacts, and abnormal features, and expanded discussions of age-dependent features of sleep and bedside monitoring. Designed to appeal to practicing neurologists, neurophysiologists, epileptologists, and electroneurodiagnostic technologists, this book is a must-have for anyone involved in recording and interpreting neonatal EEG readouts. Trainees will also find this atlas to be an approachable and an essential guide to the development of the infant brain.
- Contains more than 250 EEG figures, including more than 60 new to this edition
- Presents comprehensive full-page examples of neonatal EEG from prematurity to term
- Includes chapters on approach to visual analysis and interpretation, technical aspects of recording, artifacts, normal neonatal EEG of premature and term infants, patterns of uncertain diagnostic significance, abnormal neonatal EEG of premature and term infants, and neonatal seizures
- Updated to reflect current references and clinical practice guidelines
- Comprehensive review and synthesis of historical and current medical literature relating to neonatal EEG
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||41.1 MB|
|Publisher: ||Demos Medical|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9781617052347 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Copying:||of 20 selections every 20 days allowed|
|Printing:||of 20 pages every 20 days allowed|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|