The Atlas of the Prenatal Mouse Brain is the latest addition to Academic Press' list of atlases for neuroscientists and neuroscience students. It fills an urgent need for a comprehensive atlas of the developing mouse brain for use in studies of both normal and abnormal development. High-quality photomicrographs of brain sections are depicted in sagittal, coronal, and horizontal planes for four gestational age groups. Each photomicrograph is accompanied by a fully labeled, precision-drawn diagram for easy identification of brain structures. Researchers and students using normal, transgenic, or mutant mouse preparations in developmental neurobiology, neurotoxicology, and biotechnology will welcome this meticulously assembled and accessible guide.
Key Features and Benefits:
* Presents 153 photomicrographs of serial brain sections
* Represents four gestational ages (GD 12 and 14 embryos; GD 16 and 18 fetuses), each depicted in sigittal, coronal, and horizontal planes
* Includes fully labeled diagrams identifying brain structures for each photomicrograph
* Provides complete alphabetical lists of brain structures and abbreviations
* Presents a full description of tissue preparation method
* Large format, 8-1/2 x 11" pages in a sturdy hardcover case
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||119.7 MB|
|Publisher: ||Academic Press|
|Date published: || 2013|
|ISBN: ||9781483289083 (DRM-PDF)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|