Customer rank: +1
is a write up on not one, but four wonderfully practical “Any Card at Any Number” presentations, straight out of the working set of Michael Paul. Here's what you'll find inside:
- Required tools and skills
- Psychometry Card: a new and different twist on ACAAN that is logical, thematic, and entertaining!
- T minus 1: A no sleight of hand version for close up or stage. You never have to touch the cards, and there are no gimmicks!
- ACAAN OCD: Think outside the box as you learn new ways of routining ACAAN into your set. This comedy presentation might just become your new favorite opener!
- Almost ACAAN: Learn how a simple prop can add new layers of deception into the routine, and send the presentation off into a new direction. No passes required...
- Touching on the false deal
- After thoughts: a quick look on controling the timing and flow of ACAAN
Each routine comes with thoughts on trade offs; the pros and cons of using the particular method involved and why it matters! This ebook will get you playing, thinking, and performing with Any Card At Any Number.
(Reader is assumed to have basic sleight of hand knowledge including the pass.)
1st edition 2010; 16 pages.
word count: 4854 which is equivalent to 19 standard pages of text
Reviewed by Paul Philavong (confirmed purchase)
Rating: [2 of 5 Stars!] Date Added: Monday 21 November, 2011
There are 4 Tricks in this booklet, neither one of them will give you the satisfaction that you came very close to the Berglas Effect.
Trick #1 - Psychometry Cards - Not ACAAN by a long shot but has a good potential to be a classic of magic.
Trick #2 - T Minus 1 - It is an ACAAN but at the end you, the magician, will never get the full satifaction of feeling like being the "hero" of the show.
Trick #3 - ACAAN OCD - Not an ACAAN because the cards are not shown from the get go, and when they finally make their appearance, they are uncased and it involves sleight of hands.
Trick #4 - Almost ACAAN - The world "Almost" in the title should give you a hint. This method involves additional props.
My last word on this booklet: if you are seriously seeking for something close to the "original and acclaimed" Berglas effect, you will be disappointed. I was.