"It's 2 a.m. and I'm wide awake, counting the days and hours until my plane leaves for Paris--3 days and 16 hours, to be exact. But ready or not, it's bonne journee for me. Croissant anyone?"
When twenty-something Rachel Spencer needed a change of pace from her corporate job, she traded in her power suit and stilettos for blue jeans and flip flops, said au revoir to Houston, Texas, and bonjour to a summer in Paris. Little did Rachel know she was about to take on her most challenging job yet: nannying three rambunctious children, ages 14, 11, and 7.
With razor sharp wit and heartfelt humor Rachel chronicles her hilarious adventures--and misadventures--as she works to master her new job, learn a new language, and find her place among a family of strangers:
• First Day Faux Pas--Determined to make an entrance her first day on the job, Rachel winds up tumbling down the foyer steps in a short black dress--and baring all to the children!
• The Nanny Book--A small leather-bound book written in Franglais (English and French)--detailing Rachel's daily nannying duties.
• Dressed to Impress--Despite dreams of capturing the tres chic French style, Rachel learns that strappy sandals and nannying don't always mix.
• Teen Troubles--When Rachel catches Diane, who is 14 going on 21, mixing rum and boys into her leisure time, she discovers there is a fine line between "nanny" and "friend"
• Country Living--During a trip to the French countryside, Rachel learns that French Country is much more than a china pattern!
• Where the Heart Is--By the end of her stay, Rachel realizes the answers she was searching for all along weren't in Houston or in Paris--they were in her heart.
A hilarious real-life tale, Au Paris is a story of self-discovery, independence, and following your heart at all costs.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||394 KB|
|Date published: || 2006|
|ISBN: ||9780806534534 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|
|This ebook will NOT be sold to customers with a billing address in:|
|American Samoa, Canada, Guam, Micronesia (Federated States of), Northern Mariana Islands, Palau, Puerto Rico, United States, United States Minor Outlying Islands, Virgin Islands (U.S.)|