Audio Production and Critical Listening: Technical Ear Training, Second Edition develops your critical and expert listening skills, enabling you to listen to audio like an award-winning engineer. Featuring an accessible writing style, this new edition includes information on objective measurements of sound, technical descriptions of signal processing, and their relationships to subjective impressions of sound. It also includes information on hearing conservation, ear plugs, and listening levels, as well as bias in the listening process.
The interactive web browser-based "ear training" software practice modules provide experience identifying various types of signal processes and manipulations. Working alongside the clear and detailed explanations in the book, this software completes the learning package that will help you train you ears to listen and really "hear" your recordings.
This all-new edition has been updated to include:
- Audio and psychoacoustic theories to inform and expand your critical listening practice.
- Access to integrated software that promotes listening skills development through audio examples found in actual recording and production work, listening exercises, and tests.
- Cutting-edge interactive practice modules created to increase your experience.
- More examples of sound recordings analysis.
- New outline for progressing through the EQ ear training software module with listening exercises and tips.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||3.8 MB|
|Publisher: ||Focal Press|
|Date published: || 2016|
|ISBN: ||9781317541042 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|