Learn C++ from scratch using the OpenGL-powered SFML
About This Book
- This book offers a fun way to learn modern C++ programming while building exciting 2D games
- This beginner-friendly guide offers a fast-paced but engaging approach to game development
- Dive headfirst into building a wide variety of desktop games that gradually increase in complexity
- It is packed with many suggestions to expand your finished games that will make you think critically, technically, and creatively
Who This Book Is For
This book is for those who have no C++ programming knowledge whatsoever and want to learn to build games or just use games as a more engaging way to learn C++. If you have aspirations of one day publishing a game on Steam or just want to have a load of fun while learning C++, then this book was written for you.
What You Will Learn
- Get to know C++ from scratch while simultaneously learning about building games
- Make C++ game coding appear like it is something that any determined person can do
- Get a competent level knowledge of C++ programming.
- Build exciting games with a wide range of features
- Get ready to go and build your own unique games
This book is all about offering you a fun introduction to the world of game programming and C++. It will begin by teaching you the programming basics such as variables, loops, and conditions using game-like mini apps.
We then move on to build actual working games. Throughout the course of the book, you will learn to build three different styles of games comprising a frantic two-button-tapper, a zombie survival/shooter, and a multiplayer platformer. While building these games, you will learn some more C++ programming concepts such as OOP and data storage/complexity. We'll end by creating a multiplayer shooter game and will also introduce you to some of the advanced capabilities of C++ such as networking and advanced OOP.
As the games gradually increase in complexity, you will explore some of the advanced capabilities of C++ as well as some exciting new game programming techniques.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||34.3 MB|
|Publisher: ||Packt Publishing|
|Date published: || 2016|
|ISBN: ||9781786467775 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|