Best Practices in Online Program Development is a practical, hands-on guide that provides the concrete strategies that academic and administrative departments within institutions of higher learning need to develop in order to create and maintain coherent and effective online educational programs. Unlike individual courses, an online education program requires a comprehensive, inter-departmental effort to be integrated into the ongoing educational project of a college or university. This book focuses on the:
- Integration of online education into the institutional mission
- Complex faculty-related issues including recruiting, training, and teaching
- Multifaceted support required for student retention and success
- Need for multilayered assessment at the course, program, technical, and institutional levels
- Challenges posed to governance and by the need to garner resources across the institution
- Model to insure ongoing, comprehensive development of online educational programs
Best Practices in Online Program Development covers the above topics and more, giving all the stakeholders in online educational programs the building blocks to foster successful programs while encouraging them to determine what role online education should play in their academic offerings.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||2.1 MB|
|Date published: || 2014|
|ISBN: ||9781317932925 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|