About This Book
- Identify, collect, and analyze Hadoop evidence forensically.
- Learn about Hadoop's internals and Big Data file storage concepts
- A step by step guide to help you perform forensic analysis using freely available tools
Who This Book Is For
If you are an IT professional, law enforcement, legal professional, or a student interested in Big Data and forensics, this book is your hands-on guide for learning how to conduct Hadoop forensic investigations. Each topic and step in the forensic process is described in accessible language, and no prior experience is required.
What You Will Learn
- Understand Hadoop internals and file storage
- Collect and analyze Hadoop forensic evidence
- Perform complex forensic analysis for fraud and other investigations
- Use state-of-the-art forensic tools
- Conduct interviews to identify Hadoop evidence
- Create compelling presentations of your forensic findings
- Understand how Big Data clusters operate
- Apply advanced forensic techniques in an investigation, including file carving, statistical analysis, and more
Big Data forensics is an important type of digital investigation that involves the identification, collection, and analysis of large-scale Big Data systems.
This guide helps you understand Hadoop internals and how to conduct a complete forensic investigation of even the largest Hadoop cluster. Discover how to perform a complete forensic investigation of large-scale Hadoop clusters using the same tools and techniques employed by forensic experts. This book takes you through the forensic process and the pitfalls to avoid. It examines the technical details of Hadoop and how to identify Big Data evidence using techniques to survey a live system and interview witnesses. You are then shown how to collect evidence using various techniques, such as forensic imaging and application-based extractions.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||3.3 MB|
|Publisher: ||Packt Publishing|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9781785281211 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|