A rare, never-before-seen collection of Bruce Lee's private letters and writing!
Bruce Lee was an intense man with such sheer concentration of energy that no one who encountered him, on screen or in person, could help but be drawn to him and his enthusiasm for life and knowledge. A voracious and engaged reader, Lee wrote extensively, synthesizing the thought of East and West into a unique personal philosophy of self-discovery. Bruce Lee: Artist of Life explores the development and fruition of Bruce Lee's thoughts about gung fu (kung fu), philosophy, psychology, poetry, jeet kune do, acting, and self-knowledge.
This volume from Bruce Lee's private notebooks is capped by a selection of Lee's letters that eloquently demonstrate how he incorporated his thought into actions and advice to others. Also included are multiple drafts of select compositions, showing how Lee's thought evolved and was refined over the years and how the ideas he was reading and writing about were reflected in his work and everyday life.
- Gung Fureflections on gung fu, psychology in defense and attack, how to choose a martial arts instructor, and Bruce's own view on the martial art
- Philosophyregarding human understanding, Taoism, Plato, Socrates, and Descartes
- Psychologythree types of philosophy, the top dog and the underdog, the four basic philosophical approaches, and learning
- Poetry'The Dying Sun,' 'Love is a Friendship Caught on Fire,' 'Once More I Hold You in My Arms,' and 'Parting'
- Jeet Kune DoThe Liberationtoward personal liberation, notes on JKD, true mastery, and an objective evaluation of the combative skill of Bruce Lee, by those who know what it is
- Actingwhat exactly is an actor, the art of acting
- Self-knowledgein search of someone real, self-actualization, and the passionate state of mind
- Letters'The True Meaning of LifePeace of Mind,' 'Use Your Own Experience and Imagination,' and 'It's All in the State of Mind'
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||5.0 MB|
|Publisher: ||Tuttle Publishing|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9781462917907 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|