This is a book that Bruce Lee began writing in 1964, but never completed. Lee's writing reveals his thoughtful analysis of the tapestry of Chinese martial arts, offering glimpses into the varied styles and his commentary on these arts. Lee's intense curiosity led him to accumulate this knowledge and expose the limitations of strict adherence to tradition, which inspired him to develop his cosmopolitan "way of no way."
The Tao of Gung Fu includes insights into various Chinese martial arts and training methodologies, sketches of martial arts techniques, Lee's personal scrapbook of his famous thesis, "The Tao of Gung Fu." Witness Lee's personal cultivation of excellence in martial arts. His application of philosophy to physical movements epitomizes the unification of mind and bodya genuine way of living for the martial artist.
This Bruce Lee Book is part of Tuttle Publishing's Bruce Lee Library which also features:
- What is Gung Fu?An Introduction to Chinese Gung Fu, On Yin and Yang, and Bridging the Gap of Yin and Yang
- Some Techniques of Gung FuThe Fundamentals of Gung Fu, The Basic Striking Points of Gung Fu, Introducing the Wing Chun Straight Punch, and The Practice of Forms
- Taoism in the Chinese Art of Gung FuOn Wu-Hsin (No-Mindedness), On Wu Wei (Nondoing), and Centered Thoughts
- Ideas and OpinionsTraditions and Histories of Chinese Gung Fu, The Question of Psychic Center, and Bruce's view on Gung Fu
- AppendicesBruce Lee's gung fu background at the time he wrote this book, Gung Fu terminology, and Letters and gung fu scrapbook
- Bruce Lee's Striking Thoughts
- Bruce Lee: The Celebrated Life of the Golden Dragon
- Bruce Lee Artist of Life
- Bruce Lee: Letters of the Dragon
- Bruce Lee: The Art of Expressing the Human Body
- Bruce Lee Jeet Kune Do
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||15.4 MB|
|Publisher: ||Tuttle Publishing|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9781462917884 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|