David Devlin has floored everyone he has shown this incredible effect. Even members of his family were nailed. This is an amazing piece of mental magic. Based on an array of different effects and principles, this is certain to go into your working repertoire. It is self-working and can even be performed impromptu (at least the majority of the effect can be performed impromptu)!
The effect is this: A deck is shuffled, and two predictions are made on the backs of two business cards. One is a number and the other is the name of a playing card. Two spectators deal cards in turn until they each decide to stop. After the spectators have finished their honest and fair dealing of cards, the predictions are proved to be 100% correct. The number of cards is correct, and the card predicted is the very card dictated by the spectators' dealing of the cards.
Now, for the surprise ending! The performer then says that it is amazing that both predictions were correct, but that the second prediction of (say) the King of Diamonds is the most amazing. The reason for this, says the performer, is because it is the only card in the deck. The entire rest of the deck is turned face up and spread. All of the cards except the King of Diamonds are totally blank!
- No gaffs (blank faced cards are not gaffs)
- No switches of any kind of the deck, the cards, or the predictions
- No weird dealing procedures
- No sleight of hand. This is a self-working effect
- No mathematical calculations or acrobatics
- No stooges
- No multiple outs. The predictions are 100% correct.
- Everything may be examined and may even be given away
1st edition 2016, 5 pages.
word count: 1684 which is equivalent to 6 standard pages of text