Buckling and Ultimate Strength of Ship and Ship-like Floating Structures provides an integrated state-of-the-art evaluation of ship structure mechanics including buckling, plastic failure, ultimate strength, and ultimate bending moments. For the design of any industrial product, it is necessary to understand the fundamentals in the failure behavior of structures under extreme loads. Significant developments have been made in understanding the analysis method of plastic collapse and behavior and strength of structures accompanied by buckling.
Written by two of the foremost experts in international ship design and ocean engineering, this book introduces fundamental theories and methods as well as new content on the behavior of buckling/plastic collapse that help explain analysis like the initial imperfections produced by welding and the ultimate strength of plates, double bottom structures of bulk carriers, and ship and FPSO hull girders in longitudinal bending.
Rounding out with additional coverage on floating structures such as oil and gas platforms and LNG/FLNG structural characteristics, Buckling and Ultimate Strength of Ship and Ship-like Floating Structures is a must-have resource for naval architects and other marine engineering professionals seeking to gain an in-depth understanding of the technological developments in this area.
- Explains how the initial imperfections produced by welding, residual stress, and initial deflection in panels influence the collapse behavior and the compressive ultimate strength of rectangular plates
- Evaluates the ultimate strength of plate girders under bending and shearing as well as combined bend/shear loads
- Provides fundamental theories, simple formulas, and analytical methods such as Finite Element Method or Smith's Method to simulate and evaluate buckling/plastic collapse behavior and strength of plates under various conditions
- Authored by two of the foremost experts in international ship design and ocean engineering
- Includes additional coverage on floating structures such as oil and gas platforms
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||34.4 MB|
|Date published: || 2016|
|ISBN: ||2370007597741 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|