About This Book
- Learn what a security system is, how it works and create one for yourself
- Develop a security system by setting up security cameras and motion detector systems
- Manage and analyze all the data collected by the sensors from the security system, using a graphical application
Who This Book Is For
This book is for novice programmers and hobbyists who want to understand how an Arduino Uno can be used to program a home security system, as well as for those who want to delve deeper into the world of Arduino.
What You Will Learn
- Run cables and electricity to support your home security infrastructure
- Connect Arduino to your programming environment
- Learn to interact with output devices such as alarms, locks, and shutters
- Understand the different parts of an electronics circuit (MOSFET, resistor, and capacitor)
- Integrate home monitoring and security notifications with monitoring systems
- Learn how you can use the Raspberry Pi and a camera to achieve face detection for your home security system
Arduino is an open source microcontroller built on a single circuit board that is capable of receiving sensory input from the environment and controlling interactive physical objects.
This book will demonstrate how Arduino can be used to develop a highly connected home security system by mobilizing a network of sensors that can feed alerts back to Arduino when alarms are triggered. Also, we will look at some current technologies such as NFC, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth, and will finally create a complete web interface that will allow us to remotely manage our system, and even send daily bulletins with a summary of activity.
Towards the end, we'll develop a wireless home security system by setting up security cameras and motion detectors.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||2.1 MB|
|Publisher: ||Packt Publishing|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9781785283802 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|