About This Book
- Learn to exploit various data mining techniques
- Understand some of the most popular recommendation techniques
- This is a step-by-step guide full of real-world examples to help you build and optimize recommendation engines
Who This Book Is For
If you are a competent developer with some knowledge of machine learning and R, and want to further enhance your skills to build recommendation systems, then this book is for you.
What You Will Learn
- Get to grips with the most important branches of recommendation
- Understand various data processing and data mining techniques
- Evaluate and optimize recommendation algorithms
- Prepare and structure the data before building models
- Discover different recommender systems along with their implementation in R
- Explore various evaluation techniques used in recommender systems
- Get to know about recommenderlab, an R package, and understand how to optimize it to build efficient recommendation systems
A recommendation system performs extensive data analysis in order to generate suggestions for its users about what might interest them. R has recently become one of the most popular programming languages for data analysis. Its structure allows you to interactively explore the data, and its modules contain the most cutting-edge techniques thanks to its large international community. This distinctive feature of the R language makes it the preferred choice for developers who are looking to build recommendation systems.
This book will help you understand how to build recommender systems using R. It starts off by explaining the basics of data mining and machine learning. Next, you will be familiarized with how to build and optimize recommender models using R. Following that, you will be given an overview of the most popular recommendation techniques. Finally, you will learn to implement all the concepts you have learned throughout the book to build a recommender system.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||1.8 MB|
|Publisher: ||Packt Publishing|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9781783554508 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|