Building a Travel Risk Management Program: Traveler Safety and Duty of Care for Any Organization helps business and security professionals effectively manage traveler risk by showing them how to build a complete travel risk program. While global corporate travel risks are increasing exponentially, many security and business managers are not well-versed in the rapidly changing global landscape of travel risk, nor do they fully realize the multitude of risks their companies face if they don't comply with their legal obligations-"duty of care"-for protecting their employees from foreseeable harm, which can cost a company in the form of extensive fines, productivity loss, business interruptions, stock price loss, litigation, and even potential bankruptcy.
This book is the first to bridge the gap between the topics of travel management, security, and risk management. It serves as a reference point for working with other departments, including human resources and legal, paving the way for better internal cooperation for travel managers and security managers. In addition, it helps organizations craft a travel risk management program for their unique needs that incorporates the most important policies and procedures that help them comply with legal obligations.
- Illustrates common mistakes that can have a devastating impact across the entire enterprise with real-world examples and case studies
- Includes testimonies from corporate travel risk security experts on best practices for meeting the constantly changing duty of care standard
- Presents best practices for reducing the risk of exposure and liability
- Offers models for effectively promoting and advocating for travel risk management programs within the organization
- Compares laws like the UK?s "Corporate Manslaughter Act? (considered one of the world's most strict legislative standards) to similar laws around the world, showing how compliance requires constant supervision and process improvementTo view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||2.9 MB|
|Date published: || 2016|
|ISBN: ||2370007453146 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|