About This Book
- Learn how to use Unity in conjunction with UFPS and ProBuilder to create a high-quality game quickly
- Create both interior and exterior environments
- A step-by step guide to building a project with clear examples and instructions to create a number of interesting scenarios
Who This Book Is For
This book is for those who want to create an FPS game in Unity and gain knowledge on how to customize it to make it their own. If you are familiar with the basics of Unity, you will have an easier time, but this book should make it possible for someone with no prior experience to learn Unity at an accelerated pace.
What You Will Learn
- Use UFPS to build custom weapons with custom meshes and behaviors
- Explore level design as you prototype levels, making use of Prototype to build levels quickly
- Build environments that are as realistic as possible while keeping peak performance and repetitiveness down
- Review tips and tricks on how to create environments using terrain for outdoor areas and a modular workflow for interiors
- Develop a number of different opponents that your players can fight against, from a simple turret enemy to animated AI characters using the popular RAIN AI engine
- Discover how to create unique objects such as exploding barrels and objects you can interact with
- Create a custom GUI to help your game stand out from the crowd
- Package your game for release, create an installer, and get your game out into the world
Unity, available in free and pro versions, is one of the most popular third-party game engines available. It is a cross-platform game engine, making it easy to write your game once and then port it to PC, consoles, and even the Web, which makes it a great choice for both indie and AAA developers.
Building an FPS Game with Unity takes readers on an exploration of how to use Unity to create a 3D first person shooter (FPS) title, leveraging the powerful UFPS framework by VisionPunk and Prototype/ProBuilder 2.0 by ProCore3D. After some setting up, you will start by learning how to create custom weapons, prototype levels, create exterior and interior environments, and breathe life into your levels. You will then add polish to the levels. Finally, you will create a custom GUI and menus for your title to create a complete package.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||20.6 MB|
|Publisher: ||Packt Publishing|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9781785284434 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|