How can Apache Mesos make a difference in your organization? With this practical guide, you??ll learn how this cluster manager directs your datacenter??s resources, and provides real time APIs for interacting with (and developing for) the entire cluster. You??ll learn how to use Mesos as a deployment system, like Ansible or Chef, and as an execution platform for building and hosting higher-level applications, like Hadoop.
Author David Greenberg shows you how Mesos manages your entire datacenter as a single logical entity, eliminating the need to assign fixed sets of machines to applications. You??ll quickly discover why Mesos is the ultimate DevOps tool.
- Understand Mesos architecture, and learn how it manages CPU, memory, and other resources across a cluster
- Build an application on top of Mesos with Marathon, a platform for hosting services on Mesos
- Create new, production-ready frameworks for Mesos
- Write a custom executor to provide richer interaction between the Mesos scheduler and workers
- Dive into advanced topics, including the reconciliation process, Docker integration, dynamic reservations, and persistent volumes
- Learn about today??s Mesos initiatives that will likely become tomorrow??s features
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||4.0 MB|
|Publisher: ||O'Reilly Media|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9781491926574 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|