Create and customize your very own Minecraft server using Java and the Spigot API
About This Book
- Set up a Minecraft server that you control
- Use object-oriented programming to modify Minecraft regardless of your level of experience
- This interactive guide will help you create a unique experience for you and your friends
Who This Book Is For
This book is great for anyone who is interested in customizing their Minecraft server. Whether you are new to programming, Java, Bukkit, or even Minecraft itself, this book has you covered. All you need is a valid Minecraft account. If you are interested in programming as a career or hobby, this book will get you started. If you are simply interested in playing Minecraft with your friends, then this book will help you make that experience even more enjoyable.
What You Will Learn
- Install and run a Spigot server for free on your home PC
- Adjust the server settings to customize Minecraft to your liking
- Install an IDE and configure a project to write code
- Install and test plugins on a Spigot server
- Test your plugins through debugging the code
- Program in game commands and permissions
- Get to know advanced programming concepts such as event-driven programming, configuration files, saving/loading data, and scheduled tasks
- Implement configuration files to make your plugins customizable
- Save and load your plugin's data to persist across server restarts
Minecraft is a sandbox game that allows you to play it in any way you want. Coupled with a multiplayer server powered by Spigot, you can customize the game even more! Using the Bukkit API, anyone interested in learning how to program can control their Minecraft world by developing server plugins.
This book is a great introduction to software development through the wonderful world of Minecraft.
We start by instructing you through how to set up your home PC for Minecraft server development. This includes an IDE complete with the required libraries as well as a Spigot server to test on. You will be guided through writing code for several different plugins. Each chapter teaches you new skills to create plugins of increasing complexity, and each plugin adds a new concept of the Bukkit API By the end of the book, you will have all the knowledge you need about the API to successfully create any type of plugin. You can then practice and build your Java skills through developing more mods for their server.
Style and approach
This hands-on guide is filled with interactive examples to help you modify Minecraft. Programming terms and concepts are explained along the way so even those who have never written code before can keep up.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||4.6 MB|
|Publisher: ||Packt Publishing|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9781785886874 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|