Between the high-level concepts of business intelligence and the nitty-gritty instructions for using vendors' tools lies the essential, yet poorly-understood layer of architecture, design and process. Without this knowledge, Big Data is belittled - projects flounder, are late and go over budget. Business Intelligence Guidebook: From Data Integration to Analytics shines a bright light on an often neglected topic, arming you with the knowledge you need to design rock-solid business intelligence and data integration processes. Practicing consultant and adjunct BI professor Rick Sherman takes the guesswork out of creating systems that are cost-effective, reusable and essential for transforming raw data into valuable information for business decision-makers.
After reading this book, you will be able to design the overall architecture for functioning business intelligence systems with the supporting data warehousing and data-integration applications. You will have the information you need to get a project launched, developed, managed and delivered on time and on budget - turning the deluge of data into actionable information that fuels business knowledge. Finally, you'll give your career a boost by demonstrating an essential knowledge that puts corporate BI projects on a fast-track to success.
- Provides practical guidelines for building successful BI, DW and data integration solutions.
- Explains underlying BI, DW and data integration design, architecture and processes in clear, accessible language.
- Includes the complete project development lifecycle that can be applied at large enterprises as well as at small to medium-sized businesses
- Describes best practices and pragmatic approaches so readers can put them into action.
- Companion website includes templates and examples, further discussion of key topics, instructor materials, and references to trusted industry sources.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||35.3 MB|
|Publisher: ||Morgan Kaufmann|
|Date published: || 2014|
|ISBN: ||2370006314967 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|