Designed for the busy practitioner, Cancer provides succinct coverage of the assessment and treatment of a multitude of rehabilitation issues as they uniquely affect cancer patients. Broken into four sections with 66 alphabetically arranged topics, this go-to reference addresses the key concerns in cancer rehabilitation ranging from basic principles, exercise, and therapy interventions to acupuncture, massage, and end-of-life care. Primary conditions covered include bone marrow transplant, brain disease and tumors, hematologic cancer, metastatic bone disease, neurofibromatosis, and spinal cord compression. The largest section of the book is devoted to the myriad disease or treatment-related symptoms and medical issues endemic in the cancer population such as pain, anemia, anorexia, cognitive dysfunction, chemotherapy-related problems and radiation effects, lymphedema, fatigue, malnutrition, sleep disorders, spasticity, and much more.
Every entry is standardized for quick look-up in the office or clinic, and features description, etiology, risk factors, clinical features, natural history, diagnosis, red flags, treatment, prognosis, helpful hints and suggested readings.
All Rehabilitation Medicine Quick Reference titles provide:
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
- Consistent Approach and Organizationóat-a-glance outline format allows readers to find the facts they need instantly
- Concise Coverage--of must-know information broken down into easy-to-locate topics
- Fast Answers to Clinical Questions--diagnostic and management criteria for problems commonly encountered in daily practice
- Hands-on Practical Guidance--for all types of interventions and therapies
- Multi-Specialty Perspective--ensures issues of relevance to all rehabilitation team members are addressed
|Size: ||3.5 MB|
|Publisher: ||Demos Medical|
|Date published: || 2013|
|ISBN: ||2370006808497 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Copying:||of 20 selections every 20 days allowed|
|Printing:||of 20 pages every 20 days allowed|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|