Due to the increasing demand for career guidance in recent years, career counsellors have been challenged to modernise their practice. As a response to the rapidly changing world of work, with more diverse client groups and more complex and challenging issues facing career counsellors, the field has moved strongly towards the greater adoption of constructivist approaches. The 2nd edition of this ground breaking book is a forward-looking guide, giving further insight into the constructivist approach for the 21st century by:
- providing a theoretical background to constructivism;
- alerting readers to a range of cultural considerations related to constructivist career counselling;
- outlining a range of constructivist approaches to career counselling;
- providing examples of practical applications of the constructivist approaches presented in the book; and
- assisting career counsellor educators, practitioners and students understand and implement constructivist approaches into their work.
With contributions from an internationally recognised panel of authors from ten different countries, Career Counselling: Constructivist Approaches treats career as a holistic concept in which work and personal life are inseparably intertwined, and individuals as experts in their own lives and in actively constructing their careers. Structured into four logical sections, this 2nd edition attests to the ongoing influence of constructivism internationally and the continued development and refinement of constructivist approaches to career counselling.
Career Counselling: Constructivist Approaches is essential reading for career counsellor educators, practitioners, researchers and students who want a refreshing insight into constructivist career counselling.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||5.0 MB|
|Date published: || 2016|
|ISBN: ||9781317436966 (DRM-PDF)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|