Catalysis by Materials with Well-Defined Structures examines the latest developments in the use of model systems in fundamental catalytic science. A team of prominent experts provides authoritative, first-hand information, helping readers better understand heterogeneous catalysis by utilizing model catalysts based on uniformly nanostructured materials.
The text addresses topics and issues related to material synthesis, characterization, catalytic reactions, surface chemistry, mechanism, and theoretical modeling, and features a comprehensive review of recent advances in catalytic studies on nanomaterials with well-defined structures, including nanoshaped metals and metal oxides, nanoclusters, and single sites in the areas of heterogeneous thermal catalysis, photocatalysis, and electrocatalysis.
Users will find this book to be an invaluable, authoritative source of information for both the surface scientist and the catalysis practitioner
- Outlines the importance of nanomaterials and their potential as catalysts
- Provides detailed information on synthesis and characterization of nanomaterials with well-defined structures, relating surface activity to catalytic activity
- Details how to establish the structure-catalysis relationship and how to reveal the surface chemistry and surface structure of catalysts
- Offers examples on various in situ characterization instrumental techniques
- Includes in-depth theoretical modeling utilizing advanced Density Functional Theory (DFT) methods
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||45.7 MB|
|Publisher: ||Elsevier Science|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||2370006520337 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|