This is a detailed and thoroughly researched work on double lifts taken from the center of the deck, or so called center double lifts.
A double lift is one of the hardest moves to do well and at the same time one of the most practical and useful moves in magic. One strategy to make a double lift more deceptive is to take two cards from the center rather than from the top of the deck. The downside of this strategy is that the utility of the move is reduced. Nevertheless, for the expert card handler it is worthwhile to study these types of double lifts and acquire one or two versions for one's card move tool box.
You will learn the following moves:
Plus a detailed bibliography and chronology.
- T. Nelson Downs' Method
- Avis Center Double Lift
- Double Lift from Fan (Dai Vernon)
- Marlo's Double from a Fan
- The Center Lift (Larry Jennings)
- Double Lift from the Center (Karl Fulves)
- Spinout Center Lift (Martin Nash)
- Lift-Out Center Lift (Martin Nash)
- Center Double (Jon Racherbaumer)
- Center Double Lift (J. K. Hartman)
- Push Pair (J. K. Hartman)
- Daley's Center Double
- Gemini Center Double (Brother John Hamman)
- Chop-Sticks Center Double (Ken Krenzel)
- U.C.L.A. Move (Karl Fulves)
- TB Spread Double (Tomas Blomberg)
1st edition 2011, 48 pages, photos and illustrations.
word count: 8069 which is equivalent to 32 standard pages of text