We like beer in Canada. We really, really like it. And it??s not just a fly-by-night, sordid little affair. We??re in it long term. We spend something like $8 billion a year on beer. From barley growers to label designers, more than 170,000 Canadians owe their full-time jobs directly or indirectly to beer. The rest of us just do what we can to help.
In the long-awaited follow up to Notes on a Beermat, Pashley explores beer in Canada, covering many salient points, including chapters on
- Fr?re Ambroise, Who Started It All (Unless He Didn??t)
- Us Against Them: Canadians and Our Neighbours to the South
- When Canadians Knew Squat: The Stubby in Our Lives
- Beer: Isn??t It Bad for You and Bad for the Planet?
- Ale or Lager? East Is East and West Isn??t
- Barkeep! Gimme Another Light Dry Low-Carb Ice Beer with No Aftertaste
- Are You a Beer Geek? (There??s No Right Answer)
- The Future of Beer: Can I Afford to Drink Beer? (Can You Afford Not To?)
And much, much more!
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||2.4 MB|
|Publisher: ||HarperCollins Publishers|
|Date published: || 2010|
|ISBN: ||9781443401661 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|
|This ebook will NOT be sold to customers with a billing address in:|
|American Samoa, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Guam, Guernsey, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Isle of Man, Italy, Jersey, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Micronesia (Federated States of), Netherlands, New Zealand, Northern Mariana Islands, Norway, Palau, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Romania, Slovakia (Slovak Republic), Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States, United States Minor Outlying Islands, Virgin Islands (U.S.)|